With RIC One you have the potential to reach 1.5 million students and 70,000 teachers in 2,800 buildings in 700 districts throughout New York State.
RIC One API
RIC One API, a component of the RIC One family of services, supports the exchange of data between authorized education solutions via a standards-based Application Programming Interface (API).
- Enables vendor applications to seamlessly connect to districts using one interface – RIC One. No need to maintain separate interfaces for the myriad of student information systems used throughout New York State.
- Improves data quality
- Data is secure and ensures that vendors comply with the NYS Parents Bill of Rights
- Vendors need only supply RIC One with information on their data privacy policies – no need to respond to 100s of separate district requests for the same information.
- Application vendors receive only the data they need in a timely manner
- Integration services are centralized – no need to work with multiple RIC/BOCES to set up the integration service.
RIC One LOGIN
RIC One LOGIN, a component of the RIC One family of services, links a person’s electronic identity across multiple software applications.
- Makes it easier to manage permissions of users
- Reduces the number of passwords users need to remember
- Simplifies access to the systems users need
- Increases the amount of classroom time spent on learning activities
- Districts stay in control of digital identities for users
- Uses industry standards like SAML 2.0 and oAuth